Go Back   EAA Chapter 105 forums > Main forums > Chapter 105 general discussion & news

Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
PHammell

Default English Language Statement Required

Hey all - I was forwarded this by a CFI in Wyoming. Couled be useful if you are planning to travel abroad. Cheers, Pat
----------------------------------------------

Listers--I just got back from flight instructor refresher training and we were informed that in order to use your US pilot certificate abroad, you need the new kind with the statement on it that you are proficient in English. We were advised that we have until the end of March 2009 to get on the FAA web site and order a replacement certificate with this language on it. The cost is two dollars ($2.00), payable by credit card. I just did it. In case you are interested, here's how you do it:

Go to www.faa.gov

Click on:
Licenses and certificates.
Airmen certification.
Order a replacement certificate.
Enter your info and register if you don't already have an account.
Assuming you're establishing your account for the first time, go to your e-mail account and retrieve your new password.
Click on the link to go back to the FAA site.
Put as your reason for ordering a replacement certificate: "English proficiency."
Go through the credit card payment screens and pay.
Wait for your replacement certificate (it will be the plastic kind) to arrive in the mail, they say in two weeks.
Hope this is useful to you.
You will need this to fly in Canada, for example. Not sure what you do after the end of this month if you don't do this before then and you want to fly to Canada, or Mexico etc.
PHammell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
english, new reg, proficiency